Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Birthday Goodies!

I celebrated my 25th birthday last week and was happily suprised with a trip up to Portland for the day with my husband and all sorts of quilting goodness in my mail box!  My friends and family know me well! 


My husband and I enjoyed the day in Portland, shopping around Powells bookstore, local interior design shops, and of course making a trip to Ikea where we bought some new house plants and the Fabric Depot which has fabric and everything quilting for as far as the eye can see! Being the amazing husband he is, he then surprised me with a romantic dinner in the city at the Blossoming Lotus - amazing food there!  It was definately the perfect day!

I didn't want to spend a ton of money, but I just couldn't pass up a couple of panels that I plan to free motion quilt into whole cloth wall hangings.

This is a Michael Miller Flower Faries - Morning 24" Panel and cordinating Michael Miller Morning Flower Garden fabric for the back. When I was younger I had all sorts of flower faires around my room.  Pictures on the walls, jewlrey boxes, etc.  So when I saw this panel, on sale, I just had to grab it. 

And these adorable elephants are from the World of Susybee for Hamil Textiles.  My husband actually found this panel and we just couldn't help but smile when we were looking at it, so in the basket it went!  I got the coordinating backing with many more images of elephants and mice.  Too cute!



I always love getting mail, but it is so much better when the mailbox is filled with quilting goodies instead of the usual bills and ads.


I was so happy to receive a Quick Curve Ruler and table runner pattern purchased from Sew Kind of Wonderful by my brother and sister in law, and a copy of Amanda Jean Nyberg's new book, Sunday Morning Quilts as well as another book, Small Pieces, Spectacular Quilts which features many beautiful antique patterns sent to me my by mother and father in law. So sweet!

When I visited my grandparents the following weekend, they gave me this Clover Mini Iron II (perfect to try out on my Rain Goddess Quilt), ruler organizer and a graph notebook for all of my quilt designs.

I'm so excited about all these quilting gifts, I can hardly stand it!

I just want to say thank you to everyone who sent these wonderful gifts and for all the warm wishes from family and friends!

Now on to putting all these new goodies to use!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Ashlea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely time, happy belated birthday

    ReplyDelete